Back to course home
GFS and Chubby
Let's explore how BigTable interacts with GFS and Chubby.
GFS is a scalable distributed file system developed by Google for its large data-intensive applications such as BigTable.
- GFS files are broken into fixed-size blocks, called Chunks.
- Chunks are stored on data servers called ChunkServers.
- GFS master manages the metadata.
- SSTables are divided into fixed-size, blocks and these blocks are stored on ChunkServers.
- Each chunk in GFS is replicated across multiple ChunkServers for reliability.
Like the course? Get enrolled and start learning!